Monday, February 15, 2021

Thanksgiving 2020

 Thanksgiving in a pandemic was much different than years before. Normally we would celebrate the day with family, but unfortunately I had found out I was exposed to COVID and had to wait to get my test results (Negative thankfully). Then we went out to the desert for some socially distanced fun. 


We enjoyed a small meal, although, I severely missed having my mom's stuffing for Thanksgiving. It is my favorite dish. She adds sauteed veggies, jimmy dean hot breakfast sausage, apples and cranberries and fresh herbs into the dish. What is your favorite thanksgiving dish? Feel free to post the recipe and share with the rest of us to try. 

During our Thanksgiving weekend camping trip we had a lot of fun. We had campfires every night and we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores (although my kids did not enjoy them, us adults did :) ) Below you will see pictures of each of my kiddos roasting some marshmallows.



We also told scary stories around the campfire as well. My chickadee thoroughly enjoyed this and got my book Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark which she really enjoyed reading. We even made up stories and snuggled up together. I was seriously concerned that the stories might scare her a little more than she anticipated but nope, she did great. Bugaboo however was much more entertained with the fire than the story. 
We also took rides in the razer. Hubby took each of the kids out for a ride individually. They really love riding in the razer and the bonding time with their dad. 
Chickadee gets super excited about going and is always the first to ask for a ride. 
In the downtime, we played games. We currently have checkers, rummikub, jenga, farkle, uno, and phase 10 in our trailer ready for any time the kids are looking for something to do. 

What did you do for Thanksgiving? What are your favorite board games to play? Any suggestions to add to our collection? What is your favorite activity to do while camping? 

I hope you are all staying healthy and safe...Until next time, I will just keep rolling along on this unpredictable journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment